Acceptable Use Policy
You may not publish, transmit or store via ElfHosted’s Service any content that ElfHosted reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- is pornographic or obscene material;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to ElfHosted; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against ElfHosted by offended viewers.
Vexation & Harassment
ElfHosted does not tolerate any harassment, malice or abuse towards it’s employees or subsidiaries. Any form of harassment, cursing, threats, or ill will directed towards ElfHosted staff or authorized agents shall not be tolerated.
The Customer agrees to conduct themselves in a professional manner regardless of the method of communication with ElfHosted. Should the Customer be found in violation of this clause ElfHosted reserves the right to suspend or terminate services with or without prior notice and without liability.
ElfHosted does not allow, condone or authorize any forms of Network Abuse including, but not limited to, Denial of Service attacks, Phishing attempts, port scans, SYN Floods etc.
ElfHosted reserves full right to determine what constitutes Network Abuse and take the appropriate action against the Customer with or without prior notification and without liability.
You may not engage in illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including but not limited to:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures (including those belonging to ElfHosted and its customers) without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization, including, but not limited to Internet scanning (tricking other people into releasing their passwords), password robbery, security hole scanning, and port scanning;
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the ElfHosted network.
- Use of ElfHosted’s network in a way that unreasonably interferes with ElfHosted’s other customers use of the network.
Fair Use Policy
In the event the Customer uses excessive resources (CPU, RAM, disk or network) from unsupported activities, ElfHosted reserves the right to terminate your service in order to maintain a consistent level of performance for all of our customers.
In the event that the Customer's app uses excessive RAM from any service (supported or unsupported), ElfHosted reserves the right to restart services without notice to the customer to reclaim resources for the public pool. If unsupported scripts or user actions are found to be constantly utilizing significant amounts of RAM and/or are impacting other users of the Service, ElfHosted may issue a warning to the Customer indicating that their usage of the Service is affecting other users. If the Customer ignores these notices or fails to rectify the issue, ElfHosted reserves the right to terminate the account.
In the event that the Customer uses excessive amount of bandwidth for the month (25TB/mo); ElfHosted reserves the right to subject the Customers bandwidth to prioritization or bandwidth limitations.
In the event that the Customer is discovered to be using an unfairly large portion of the GPU for transcoding purposes, ElfHosted may issue a warning to the Customer indicating that they are unfairly using a limited resource. Similarly, the transcoding of 4K content is strictly prohibited under any circumstance. Depending on the nature of the infraction, customers may be suspended and/or terminated.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
ElfHosted’s standard policy is to contact The Customer during which a violation of the AUP or TOS has occurred, however, ElfHosted does reserve the right to suspend or terminate an account with or without notice at it’s own discretion. The Customer agrees to maintain up to date primary contact email information with ElfHosted. The violation shall be listed in the Subject of the email sent from our administration and abuse department (email@example.com). The Customer shall be given all appropriate details of the Violation as well as a time frame to correct the issue before action shall be taken. Once the email has been sent to The Customer, ElfHosted will consider that The Customer has been notified. ElfHosted reserves the right to use discretion on the amount of time given for a customer to correct the issue before action is taken.
We shall investigate the resource abuse and provide the Customer with a best effort analysis of the problem causing the resource abuse. At which time the Customer will be given a time frame to make the corrections to their code, scripts, or software services running. If the issue is not corrected within the time frame given, ElfHosted will then take further steps to ensure the stability of the network and servers and may take actions including but not limited to disabling plugins, themes, accounts, scripts, services and in reserves the right to issue a full service suspension depending on the severity of the issue based upon ElfHosted’s judgment of the scenario.
None of the above examples are meant to be specific guidelines with regards to how each and every case may be handled. ElfHosted reserves full rights to use its judgment and discretion in how each individual case is handled.
ElfHosted is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the ElfHosted network.